Sunday, August 28, 2011

straight up trade offs

This coming week, God is going to show up and this is what he's gonna do. He's gonna make us straight up trade offs. He sent me to tell you about it. I need you to know, cause He wants you to know. I'd tell you that He's dying for you to know, but He's already done that. It's past tense. He died for this straight up trade off. Here's what I'm talking about. Here where the promise lies:

Broken hearted? Comfort is coming. Captive? Get ready for freedom. In mourning? Favor is on the way - AND He's gonna rage on your enemies for you. Joy is coming to replace sadness. I'm talking about a party instead of this wake. Real, deep, life changing joy. This is the promise of our God.

It get's better.

The things built long ago that have been destroyed? They are being revived. There has been much shame, much dishonor. Here. God will do more than a trade off. Now we're talking upgrade. He's bringing a double portion. Twice the prosperity. Twice the honor. Joy everlasting. This is the promise of my God.

Why? Cause He HATES wrongdoing. He is so just. He's not only going to honor you for your suffering, faithful ones, but your children, and your children's children.

God is coming with this promise. I honestly believe that. I've returned to this passage time and time again in the week leading up to camp. Did I ever mention how much I don't even care about "youth groupie" things? God is coming. He is going to restore. This is the promise.