Tuesday, April 11, 2006

childhood revisited

Like the sand box, koolaid or really tacky clothing, trees have always been a fond memory of childhood. Out of "not so sudden" urge, I claimed a tree yesterday. Low branches were scarce, so I had to use tall ladder to get anywhere near a branch. And so I climbed. Up, up. Oh wow, Im as tall as my house. Up, up. I can see the road. Up. my house even looks small...I wonder what my neighbor thinks of me..... So I got there, to as far as I was going that is, and after surveying the "area" (tape measure and all) I climbed down. I went back in my house, only half satisfied. I didnt get the "samples" I wanted. (samples which would have to be taken from up high, for if not, it could making getting down ...harder.) I headed up again, this time with a saw hanging out of my pocket (I do not recommend this type of climbing. And so, I got what I went for, though, to those it may concern, preferred size was not met, nor was preferred "straitness" met either. Plan B I believe is necessary... for shame..... I do believe that despite my disappointment, i did find I new...old favorite past time... anyone for a good climb?