Monday, July 24, 2006

change of heart

Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for anything I have said about talking to strangers. It was a load of crock.

Number one worst "opening line" sent my way (the line to start conversation) : "Do you have any rolling papers?" --enough said.

Number one thing not to say to a girl who looks like she is not interested in talking to you: "So can I call you sometime...or am I too much for you?"

Number one worst place to be when such things are said: Waiting for the train, alone sitting inbetween the black guy saying this and a middle age brown guy who thinks you want to know in his broken english about his job at the liquor store.

Number one thing to do when this happens: Go to the next car on the skytrain when it comes.

Number one other thing to do: Pray real hard (as if you weren't already) when the black guy shows up in your train after a few stops.

He left the next stop after I told him I was reading "Battle cry for a Generation" I asked God to kick him off the train.
(and the brown guy stopped looking interested when I said I was going to school to maybe be a pastor)

Now at my last stop, another guy who had seen the black guy talking to me, and saw the look on my face, was concerned if "my friend" was getting off at the same stop. It was the end of the line so ya buddy, he is. The concern in his voice was comforting, so I asked if I could walk off the train with him. He didn't seem to mind, and I knew my ride was right there anyway.

All this to say SCREW functioning member of society. I hate the skytrain.