Thursday, July 20, 2006

dangerous cookies


Today I went door to door talking to strangers and inviting them to summerjam (the awesome concert that I will be working during....such is life, eh?) But no, I thought I'd give you an update. I still talk to strangers, and hey, so long as they speak english (I had a few flash backs to ministering in mexico where no one understands english, and really, surrey can be something of a little india is what I'm getting at) Really, talking to strangers on the skytrain, that's really puts you in very little danger, but perhaps this door to door stuff could pose more of a problem. Really, I'm just a girl. I talked with some mean looking guys today. I kept picturing this cage of girl guides in the basement. All they were doing was selling cookies. "Really sir, they are only 3 dollars. No I don't want any candy...uhh....no, I don't want to step inside that metal cage......" Yet my mom tells me not to talk to strangers on the train, but door to door in Surrey, now that's better...hmmmm maybe I can check the girl guides blog while she's down there..