Monday, October 16, 2006

The Way I See It....


Life is too complicated. I mean, think about it. The other day I got a tall, sugar-free, hazelnut soy steamed milk. Or at a restaurant. "I'll have the steak burger" "is that a western, or a bbq?" "bbq" "would you like that blue, blue rare, medium rare, rare, medium well or well done" "in between a rare and a medium rare" "and is that with fries, curly fries, onion rings, soup or salad?" "uh, I better have that salad" "tossed, green, ceasar or vegetarian?"(ok I added vegetarian) "whats the difference between the tossed and the green?" "The green has more cucumber" "I'll have the tossed" "Is that with Mediterranean, thousand island, ranch, cool ranch , low fat ranch or herb?" "do you have a low fat cool ranch?" "Yes we do. Is that all or can I get you something else?" ".........thats all, thanks" "can I refill you water while Im here?" "Please"

What was the simple life? I dare say I never lived there. Yet here, in my world of choices, I find myself so often amused my the things I can choose from that I rarely have time to try any of them. Is this a bad thing? I think not, it simply ("simply") means that life, though complicated, will never be boring.