Saturday, December 17, 2005

Stepping Stones

So, life goes on as I knew it would,but in and amongst all the holiday mess and confusion, I was left to sit and reflect. What am I doing this for? Not anything festive or anything specific thing at all for that matter, but what am I doing, why am i here? are these too big of questions to ask oneself? The things I do now, of what significance are they to my future? I do lots, does any of it matter? "Why yes, yes it does.." my concience reminds me in an "as matter of fact" kind of way. I mean, I do alot of things. I enjoy so many of the arts, from production and lighting to Painting and sculpting. what does this all mean? what are these in my life? Stepping stones. Thats what they are . Stepping stones. You see, after the first foundation of Christ, all I do is building apon that. I need to learn to rest in that, you know? Knowing that the things I have desires for, the things I enjoy, I enjoy them for a reason....God has a purpose for that. Its all building on the foundation of Him. They say that Rome wasn't buit in a day. I had the opportunity to go to Rome this year, but I turned it down...money doesn't grow on trees you know. The main reason that I wanted to go, apart from the fact that IT'S ROME!! was the saying "rome wasn't built in a day". Rightly so, I wouldn't expect it to have been build in one day . But I want to see this thing that has such a reptation for taking a long time. Why? you ask, well I am not being built in one day. Im on a journey, I have things to do each day that are building toward somthing greater...bigger... and larger than life. So what did I do today? I built with stones that led to destiny. How was your day?